The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) is launching an Expression of Interest (EOI) points-based system that ranks candidates based on human capital and labour market factors. In announcing the new system on March 15, OINP announced that have closed the affected streams to new applicants until the new system launches in the near future. The EOI points-based registration system helps Ontario select skilled economic immigrants to meet the province’s labour market needs. There have been many complaints about OINP's system and in the Fall of 2020 they announced they were researching a new, fairer system for applicants to express an interest to apply to the OINP.
The OINP Expression of Interest system will apply to the following streams:
- Employer Job Offer Category streams
- Masters Graduate stream
- Ph.D. Graduate stream
Points will be awarded based on the following qualifications:
- Level and field of education
- Where they completed their studies
- Proficiency in English or French
- Plans to live Toronto or the Ontario region
- Skill and work experience level, earnings history, other factors relevant to prospects in the Ontario job market
- Labour market needs in the province or region of the province
EOI systems are already in use by other Provincial Nominee Programs, and the system is designed to be fairer and provide more opportunities for applicants to apply. In announcing the new system, OINP said the Expression of Interest system will:
- strategically manage intake
- increase the OINP’s labour market responsiveness
- better respond to regional labour market needs
Canada's Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
Each province or territory has its own specific immigration PNP procedures. In order to become a nominee, applicants must first submit an application to the province they are interested in. If they are accepted, they can make an application to IRCC for their Permanent Residence. When applying to IRCC at the federal stage, the federal government will review issues such as medical tests, criminal background and financial stability in making a final decision.
- Ontario Wants Tech Immigrants Who Will Become Permanent Residents
- 2021 Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program Updates
- Immigrants Working in Healthcare Will Have More Opportunity For Permanent Residency
Do You Want to Move to Ontario, Canada?
The Ontario Immigration Nominee Program and other PNPs are a great way of ensuring you have the best chance at a streamlined immigration process and will can in an industry in which you have specific skills and education. The provinces and territories each have unique labour needs and foreign worker opportunities, and it may be a very wise choice to explore which of these areas are experiencing the greatest demand for people with your professional skills and experiences. Ackah Law is available to assist you with OINP and other PNP programs.
At Ackah Business Immigration Law, our goal is to make Crossing Borders Seamlessly a reality and to smooth your way to new opportunities in Canada. Ackah Law is headquartered in Calgary with offices in Vancouver and Toronto. Contact Ackah Law today at (587) 602-0352 or email us directly at email@example.com.