Corporate and Individual Immigration Legal Services in Calgary, Alberta, Canada
* By appointment only
Our Calgary immigration law office can help you with all your business and personal immigration needs. Led by Canada and NAFTA immigration lawyer Evelyn Ackah, Ackah Business Immigration Law is a boutique corporate immigration law firm headquartered in Calgary, Alberta with offices in Vancouver and Toronto that works with clients all over the world. Our team is here to help your business and its people cross borders seamlessly. Our Calgary immigration lawyers and consultants provide legal advice and guidance to corporations and individuals on immigration matters such as visa applications, permanent residency, citizenship, and temporary residency applications.
Our Calgary immigration law firm has been named to the Top 3 Immigration Lawyers in Calgary for 2019 and 2020.
As your immigration advisors, we provide you with timely and strategic legal advice relating to the constantly changing immigration laws and regulations.
- Ackah Law provides expertise in all areas of immigration law ranging from corporate immigration to personal and family immigration matters.
- We provide comprehensive immigration services to clients around the world representing corporations, institutions, not-for-profit organizations and individual clients.
Calgary Immigration Law Firm Business and Personal Immigration Services
Business Immigration Services
- Ackah Business Immigration Law Compliance and HR services can assist you to prepare for Compliance Reviews and Inspections and ensure that your organization complies with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s Temporary Foreign Worker Program (LMIA) and the International Mobility Program (LMIA exempt) requirements – before you receive a call from the government.
- Ackah Law helps businesses solve their global talent problems by helping employees cross borders seamlessly.
- Our immigration services help global executive search companies hire foreign workers and provide expatriate management services.
- Ackah Law assists relocation companies with moving expats to new assignments in Canada or the United States.
Personal Immigration Services
- We help individuals move to Canada for work, for study or for family.
- Many international students want to study in Canada
- We help families reunite in Canada with immigration services including Spousal Sponsorship, Parent and Grandparents Visa, Super Visa and other Family Class Sponsorship programs.
Consultation and Flat-Fee Full Immigration Services
We offer two immigration service options to fit your needs and your family:
- Sometimes all you require is an immigration consultation to answer your questions, review documentation or explain your options.
- Our flat-rate pricing for full immigration services means you are never surprised or caught unprepared by hidden fees: what you’re quoted is what you pay.
Do You Want to Move To Calgary?
Calgary is a top destination for visitors as well as immigrants! It’s no surprise so many foreigners want to move to Calgary, Canada! Calgary has natural beauty and a strong economy built on construction, engineering, agriculture, high-tech and energy. Calgary was named the most eco-friendly city in the world by the Mercer Quality of Life Survey.
Calgary was named to the top 10 most livable cities in the world in the Global Liveability Index - and the #1 most livable city in North America! Calgary, Vancouver and Toronto, Canada were all ranked as the world's most livable cities. 140 cities were ranked on over 30 qualities including stability, health care, culture and environment, education and infrastructure.
Calgary is a diverse city and immigrants are: a critical part of Calgary's growth. Calgarians are warm and welcoming to newcomers, and with 240 different ethnic origins, Calgary is ranked third in the proportion of visible minorities in Canada.
Are You Eligible to Move To Calgary?
Canada is seeking skilled foreign workers to help build the country’s economy and provide jobs for Canadians. Whether you want to move to Canada for work, education or personal reasons, understanding the immigration options and the process can help you move through the immigration process with confidence. Understanding the different options on how to move to Calgary can help you avoids mistakes that can delay your immigration process and cost you time and money.
Alberta Provincial Nominee Program
Canada encourages applications for Permanent Residence from people with skilled abilities, education and work experience that will contribute to the Canadian economy. One of the most significant programs is known as the Provincial Nominee Program or PNP. This is a system that allows the territorial and/or provincial governments to select immigrants based on the specific economic needs of that territory or province.
Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)
Eligible individuals can apply to be nominated to work and live in Alberta permanently. Alberta is proud of its immigration programs and immigrant settlement support programs:
- The AINP has 2 streams for foreign workers who are living and working in Alberta, or plan to live and work here:
- Alberta Opportunity Stream
- Alberta Express Entry Stream
- The AINP has 3 streams for entrepreneurs who plan to live in Alberta and buy or start a business in the province:
- International Graduate Entrepreneur Immigration Stream
- Self-Employed Farmer Stream
- Foreign Graduate Start-Up Visa Stream
- Alberta Settlement and Integration Programs
- Resources to assess and improve English language skills
- Online tools, videos, statistics and other resources for workers moving to Alberta.
- An assessment for employment, education or licensure ff you plan to work or study that compares your credentials to educational standards in Canada.
- Innovation grants that support stakeholders in developing the tools and resources they need to improve foreign qualification recognition.
- Foreign Qualification Recognition so that newcomers to Alberta can learn how to get licensed to work in a regulated occupation.
- Programs to learn about living and working in Alberta with resources and information to help you successfully move, immigrate or start a business.
Do You Want to Move Your Business To Calgary, Alberta?
Relocating to a new country isn't easy. But at Ackah Business Immigration Law, our promise is to help you cross borders seamlessly and smooth your way to Canada. For our foreign corporate clients who are moving to our hometown of Calgary, Alberta, Calgary Economic Development (CED) helps foreign businesses get down to business!
Calgary Economic Development works with business, government and community partners to position Calgary as the location of choice for the purpose of attracting business investment, fostering trade and growing Calgary’s workforce.
Among the many services they offer, CED helps foreign businesses move to Canada and hire local Canadians and global talent:
- Permit assistance
- Business registration to register with The City of Calgary and the Province of Alberta
- Finding office space whether it's temporary or long-term from a co-working space or a warehouse or full office building
- Developing labour attraction strategies for highly skilled and low-skilled immigrant workers and local Canadian talent
- Access to funding and finances through provincial and federal grant and incentive
- programs available for Alberta registered businesses
- Business banking introductions
- Networking and meeting customers, investors, advisors, industry leaders, partners and employees
Immigration Lawyer Evelyn Ackah, Founder and Manager Lawer
Evelyn Ackah has been exclusively practicing immigration law for over 20 years. Evelyn grew up in Vancouver and after law school, Evelyn started her legal career as a corporate/commercial lawyer in Toronto on Bay Street, where she discovered her passion for immigration law. Her experience with the immigration process started when she was young; Evelyn came to Canada as an immigrant herself, moving from Ghana when she was five. In 2010 Evelyn moved to Calgary and founded her own firm in Calgary, so she could practice immigration law her way, using strategic technology combined with legal experience to provide the best possible services to her clients.
An award-winning lawyer, Evelyn Ackah has built a reputation for her ability to solve immigration problems before they occur and her dedication to her clients and their dream to live and work in Canada.
Things to Know About Calgary
- People of 240 different nationalities call Calgary home.
- Calgary is ranked third in the proportion of visible minorities in Canada.
- Calgary was rated the World's Cleanest City
- Alberta does not have a provincial sales tax.
- Calgary is consistently ranked one of the top five worldwide cities for liveability and quality of life.
- If you have an Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan card, many health services are free.
- Nature and outdoor lovers enjoy Canada Olympic Park in Calgary. Banff National Park, part of the Canadian Rocky Mountain Parks and Lake Louise, are just a 1-hour drive away.
- The U.S. border is a three-hour drive from Calgary.
Learn More About Immigration To Calgary, Canada:
- Moving Your Business to Calgary? Calgary Economic Development Means Business!
- Ackah Law Named Top 3 Immigration Lawyers in Calgary
- Alberta is Top Choice for Immigrants to Canada
- Meet New Calgarians Brian, Michael and Phoenix
Ackah Business Immigration Law is conveniently located near downtown Calgary.
Our Calgary immigration law office has ample street and surface lot parking, as well as quick access to main driving routes.
* By appointment only