Known for its friendliness, Canada nonetheless does have policies that allow it to effectively deny admission for those it deems a risk or threat. Inadmissibility to Canada for criminal or medical reasons can be addressed with the help of an immigration lawyer.
The most common reasons that you will be deemed inadmissible are:
- Conviction of a crime (in Canada or outside of it)
- Involvement in organized crime
- Involvement in human rights violations
- Committed an act in a foreign nation that is a crime under Canadian law
- Certain financial, health or security reasons
If you are refused entry to Canada because of some of those reasons, there may still be ways to enter the country.
Contact us today at (403) 452-9515 Ext. 107 or 1-800-932-1190 or email us directly.