Only 3,295 healthcare workers have applied for 20,000 available spots in Canada's TR to PR healthcare program - and the temporary program closes in November! According to data from the Canadian government, there are 16,705 TR to PR applications available for temporary healthcare workers in Canada who want to become permanent residents.
Canada's IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) launched a new temporary program in May to encourage essential temporary residents to become permanent residents. Dubbed TR to PR Pathway, the 6 new temporary pathways will accelerate permanent residency for 20,000 healthcare workers, part of a total of 90,000 essential healthcare workers and temporary essential workers in other fields, international graduates and francophones and bilingual workers already in Canada.
TR to PR Healthcare: Temporary Resident to Permanent Resident Pathway
- Stream A: Healthcare Workers in-Canada is accepting 20,000 applicants who are temporary healthcare workers already in Canada who want to become permanent residents.
The international graduate TR to PR pathways met their cap in 25 hours, and the other capped TR to PR pathways in less than 2 months. The francophone and bilingual programs do not have caps.
TR to PR Healthcare Worker Permanent Residency Eligibility Requirements
IRCC said the temporary new fast track program ensures that healthcare workers don’t miss out on opportunities due to the pandemic.
- To be eligible, health care workers must have at least 1 yr of CAD work experience in a healthcare profession.
- 40 healthcare-related occupations are eligible for the new PR pathway including non-veterinarian National Occupational Classification (NOC) category 3 health occupations such as home support workers, housekeepers and related occupations.
- The new healthcare worker permanent residency program will remain open until November 5, 2021, or until they have reached their limit.
TR to PR Pathway Eligibility Tool
IRCC has a TR to PR Pathway online eligibility tool Applicants must meet all eligibility requirements for the program, or the application will be refused and the processing fees will not be returned.
- Eligibility Requirements
- Applicants must be living and working in Canada at the time of their application
- IRCC recommends applicants pay the mandatory right of permanent residence fee (CAN$500) in advance to avoid application delays.
- Eligibility requirements vary based on the stream the applicant is applying for.
- Biometric (fingerprints and photo) Requirements
Applicants and their family members aged 14 to 79 may need to appear in person to have their fingerprints and photograph (biometric information) taken at a biometric collection service point.
- A list of required application documents will be provided to all applicants after they signup via the application portal. The required documentation varies by stream.
The new permanent residence programs will help Canada to reach its 2021 Immigration Levels Plan and welcome 401,000 new permanent residents.
Learn More: Accelerated Pathway to Permanent Residence for 90,000 Essential Workers and International Graduates
Are You A Foreign Healthcare Worker in Canada?
If you are a healthcare worker who is already in Canada, you may qualify for Canada's new TR to PR program. Ackah Business Immigration Law can guide you through the immigration journey to permanent residence in Canada. To find out if you qualify and to help process your application, contact Ackah Law today at (403) 452‑9515 or email us at email@example.com.