Canada has overtaken the U.S. as the top destination for foreign workers, says a new study by the Boston Consulting Group (BCG) and The Network. The report on global mobility found that Canada has become the most attractive choice for foreign workers due to the COVID pandemic and former President Trump's restrictive immigration policies were key factors in driving foreign worker's preferences on where to move. The United States was the #1 choice amongst foreign workers in 2018 and 2014, while Canada placed 3rd globally.
According to the results,
Canada was also the top choice for those with master’s degrees and doctorates, workers with digital expertise, and workers under 30.
Decoding Global Talent
The research included 209,000 people in 19 countries.
Canada Consistently Named Top Choice for Immigrants
Canada has increasingly become an attractive destination for foreigners due to its need for skilled workers and economic immigrants, welcoming people, progressive social policies and beautiful cities and countryside.
- Canada was ranked the #1 Most Desirable Place to Live In The World in 2020
- Calgary, Toronto and Vancouver were named Most Livable Cities in the World
- Alberta is the top choice for immigrants who want to move to Canada, said a recent survey
- Report Calls Canada a Role Model for Economic Immigration
- Canada to Welcome Over 1,200,000 Immigrants 2021-2023
Do You Want To Move To Canada? Contact Ackah Law Today
An experienced immigration lawyer can save you time and stress - and prevent costly mistakes and missed deadlines. With 50+ years of immigration experience, our immigration legal team can identify and resolve potential problems BEFORE they happen. Contact Ackah Law today to discuss your situation at 403-452‑9515.