In 2021, Canada plans to welcome 232,500 economic newcomers through over 80 economic immigration programs. Canada's 2021-2023 Immigration Levels Plan has increased immigration goals to welcome more than 400,000 immigrant newcomers each year beginning in 2021, well over 1,200,000 newcomers from 2021 - 2023:
- 2021: 401,000
- 2022: 411,000
- 2023: 421,000
Investment and Economic Immigration
Canada has put into place many programs to increase economic immigration in order to improve Canada's economy due to the aging workforce. Economic immigrants are admitted to Canada based on their education, skills and work experience.
Canada offers over 80 economic immigration programs to attract qualified immigrants to help build Canada's economy and create jobs for Canadians. In addition to Express Entry's economic immigration programs, Canada's economic immigration programs include:
- Canada’s Start-Up Visa targets immigrant entrepreneurs with the skills and potential to build businesses in Canada that are innovative, can create jobs for Canadians and can compete on a global scale.
- The Self-Employed Persons Program allows people to immigrate to Canada permanently as a self-employed person.
- The Global Talent Stream fast-tracks visas for skilled immigrants.
- The NAFTA Investor Program allows American or Mexican managerial entrepreneurs who have made a significant investment in a Canadian business to enter Canada to develop and direct their business. The investor will still need a work permit, but they do not require an LMIA.
- Quebec's Investor Program is for immigrants with business experience who want to move to Quebec and are willing to make a 5-year investment of C$1,200,000 in Quebec.
- PNP - Provincial Nominee Programs Each province has unique, specific worker needs. Canada gives each Province control over the qualifications for foreign workers through their Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). The PNP system allows each territorial and/or provincial government to select immigrants based on the specific economic needs of that territory or province. PNP immigration programs include:
- Already In Canada? You May Be Eligible for Express Entry
- What Happens If I'm Too Old for Express Entry?
- Quebec's New Initiatives to Hire More Temporary Foreign Workers During Workforce Crisis
- Canada Wants Immigrant Entrepreneurs
Are You An Entrepreneur Who Wants to Move To Canada?
With over 80 economic immigration programs, there are many opportunities for founders to move to Canada. An experienced immigration lawyer has the knowledge and expertise to assess your qualifications and match them to opportunities to move to Canada. Canada immigration rules are complex and rapidly changing. Consult an immigration legal professional to solve problems and remove obstacles before they happen.
We help you smooth the way to new opportunities in Canada.
At Ackah Business Immigration Law, our goal is to make Crossing Borders Seamlessly a reality and smooth your way to new opportunities in Canada. Ackah Law is headquartered in Calgary with offices in Vancouver and Toronto. Contact Ackah Law today at (403) 452‑9515 or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.