Canada's IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) has released a guide to apply for the new temporary program for temporary residents to become permanent residents. Dubbed TR to PR Pathway, the 6 new temporary pathways open May 6, 2021, at 12pm ET, with a goal of accelerating permanent residency for 90,000 essential healthcare workers, temporary essential workers in other fields, international graduates and francophones and bilingual workers already in Canada:
- Workers in-Canada: Stream A (healthcare): 20,000 applicants
- Workers in-Canada: Stream B (essential non-healthcare): 30,000 applicants
- International Graduates: 40,000 applicants
- French-speaking Workers in-Canada: Stream A (healthcare)
- French-speaking Workers in-Canada: Stream B (essential, non-healthcare)
- French-speaking International Graduates
Temporary PR pathway streams will remain open until November 5, 2021, or until they have reached their limit. There is no cap for French-speaking or bilingual immigration candidates.
TR to PR Pathway Eligibility Tool
IRCC has released a TR to PR Pathway online eligibility tool Applicants must meet all eligibility requirements for the program, or the application will be refused and the processing fees will not be returned.
- Eligibility Requirements
- Applicants must be living and working in Canada at the time of their application
- IRCC recommends applicants pay the mandatory right of permanent residence fee (CAN$500) in advance to avoid application delays.
- Eligibility requirements vary based on the stream the applicant is applying for.
- Biometric (fingerprints and photo) Requirements
Applicants and their family members aged 14 to 79 may need to appear in person to have their fingerprints and photograph (biometric information) taken at a biometric collection service point.
- A list of required application documents will be provided to all applicants after they signup via the application portal. The required documentation varies by stream.
Economic Immigration Permanent Resident Programs
Canada announced the 3 new TR to PR pathways for essential workers and international graduates already living in working in Canada in recognition of their contribution to Canadians during the COVIC pandemic, and because the travel restrictions in place have hurt the labour market and local economies. The 3 new TR to PR pathways for French speakers and bilingual streams are to support francophone communities who are experiencing labour shortages.
Act Now To Become a Canada Permanent Resident
If you are already in Canada and are an essential worker during the COVID pandemic or recent graduate, or if you are bilingual in French and English, you may qualify for Canada's new permanent residency program. Ackah Business Immigration Law guides you through the immigration journey to permanent residence in Canada. To find out if you qualify and to help process your application, contact Ackah Law today at (403) 452‑9515 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.