Relocating to a new country isn't easy. But at Ackah Business Immigration Law, our promise is to help you cross borders seamlessly and smooth your way to Canada. For our foreign corporate clients who are moving to our hometown of Calgary, Alberta, Calgary Economic Development (CED) helps foreign businesses get down to business!
Calgary Economic Development works with business, government and community partners to position Calgary as the location of choice for the purpose of attracting business investment, fostering trade and growing Calgary’s workforce:
This is a diverse city that embraces change and change-makers, and supports and sustains its communities and its people. There is opportunity here – to start a business, start a new life or start an adventure. And everyone is welcome to be part of the energy.
Among the many services they offer, CED helps foreign businesses move to Canada and hire local Canadians and global talent:
• Permit assistance
• Business registration to register with The City of Calgary and the Province of Alberta
• Finding office space whether it's temporary or long-term from a co-working space or a warehouse or full office building
• Developing labour attraction strategies for highly skilled and low-skilled immigrant workers and local Canadian talent
• Access to funding and finances through provincial and federal grant and incentive
programs available for Alberta registered businesses• Business banking introductions • Networking and meeting customers, investors, advisors, industry leaders, partners and employees
Calgary Economic Development partners with the leading companies in Calgary, who can assist you in starting and growing your business.
Why Choose Calgary?
Immigrants are thriving in Calgary says new research that shows Edmonton and Calgary provided better economic opportunities to immigrants than other parts of the country:
• 29.4% of Calgary's population are immigrants
• Calgary Economic Development is a dedicated referral partner of Canada's IRCC Global Skills Strategy
• Calgary was named the most livable city in North America in the 2019 Global Liveability Index, and Calgary ranks in the #32 out of 231 cities around the globe for livability.
Immigration lawyer Evelyn Ackah, founder and managing lawyer at Ackah Law, says the Calgary community is open and welcoming to newcomers, especially immigrants who can help build a stronger economy:
There are so many opportunities for immigrants to work in Calgary and help grow our local economy. We need highly skilled and educated newcomers who can start businesses and employ other Albertans, and we need low-skilled workers throughout Canada in farming and blue-collar jobs.
What's at risk if you DON'T hire a business immigration lawyer? Immigration rules and procedures are changing almost daily in Canada and the United States. Your business can lose critical time, money and opportunities if your new employees can't enter the country.
Immigration law is becoming more complex and challenging every day. Immigration applications can be refused due to minor oversights and omissions that delay or negatively impact your business plans. By not using a lawyer you put your business at risk.
Understand your rights and learn about the benefits of using an immigration lawyer with the links provided below.
Have an immigration lawyer on your side:
Call Ackah Law BEFORE you cross the border: 587-602-0179.