Effective March 1, 2018 the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program has introduced a new Request for Consideration for candidates who have had their Alberta Provincial Nominee application rejected.
To submit a request for reconsideration, the following conditions must be met - the Request for Reconsideration must:
- Be submitted within 30 calendar days of the date the decision letter was issued
- Be the only request of reconsideration submitted on the application
- Be submitted by the applicant name on the decision letter.
The grounds for Request for Reconsideration must be directly related to the reason(s) stated in the decision letter and demonstrate that an error was made in applying program criteria to the application.
A Request for Reconsideration cannot be used to ask for an exemption or exception to program criteria, as an opportunity to submit new evidence or re-state the evidence submitted in the application, if unsatisfied with the final decision or a component of the final decision or to request Humanitarian and Compassionate consideration.
Once a Request for Reconsideration has been submitted:
- An automated email will be sent acknowledging receipt of the request
- A response will be issued within 30 calendar days of the date the request was received
- The Request form will be reviewed and an email will be sent to the applicant if the request meets the conditions required for a review on the decision of your application
- If the request meets the conditions required, an officer who was not involved in the original decision will conduct a review of the decision on the application.
There is no guarantee that the Request for Reconsideration will result in the application being re-assessed, but it is worth a try.
For further information on the new Reconsideration process please click this link: http://www.albertacanada.com/opportunity/programs-and-forms/AINP-Request-for-Reconsideration.aspx