People and businesses across the globe want to move to Alberta, Canada. The Alberta Express Entry Stream reviews candidates in the federal Express Entry pool including tech immigrants and other skilled workers.
- Alberta is the top choice for immigrants who move to Canada. In the past ten years, 436,766 people moved to Alberta from abroad - about 36,000 people per year. Immigrants are thriving in Calgary and Edmonton, Alberta; Edmonton and Calgary provided better economic opportunities to immigrants than other parts of the country.
- Calgary, Alberta has been named the most livable city in North America - Calgary ranked in 5th place worldwide, the highest of any Canadian cities.
- Alberta is actively recruiting immigrants in rural and urban areas and has many programs and services in place to support newcomer integration and settlement.
Alberta's Provincial Nominee Program, Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) is a pathway for eligible individuals to work and live in Alberta permanently. Nominees must have skills and abilities to fill job shortages in Alberta, and be able to provide for their families, and is run by both the Alberta government and the federal government. As of October 22, 2019:
Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) can issue up to 6,000 nominations for the 2019 calendar year. This limit is set by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
• 4,862 nomination certificates have been issued so far in 2019.
• Approximately 1,650 applications await assessment for eligibility.
Budget 2019: 2019-23 Fiscal Plan (Alberta Budget 2019) - October 24, 2019
Canada's Albert Province released Alberta Budget 2019 on October 24, with 2 significant changes to Alberta's immigration services:
New: Introducing Immigration Application Processing Fees
Schedule 22: Changes to Fees (p 191) shows that AINP application processing fees - currently $0 - will be $500 per application in Fiscal Year 20-21 and other services currently free AINP services including a letter of support / reconsideration, nomination extension, application withdrawals, etc. will be $100 in FY 20-21. Analysis shows that the new AINP fees are expected to generate $8 million by 2022-23.
New: Recruit and Support Skilled Foreign Workers
Budget 2019 also states "actions to attract and keep skilled workers in the province are also planned in
this budget" including:
• Developing the Alberta Advantage Immigration Strategy with $2.5 million to support foreign qualification recognition, getting newcomers into jobs at their skill level faster
Alberta Advantage Immigration Strategy
The province's Alberta Advantage Immigration Strategy is designed to help reignite the provincial economy includes a focus on attracting entrepreneurs and revitalizing rural communities across the province.
Alberta's Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) is a good way to ensure you have the best chance at a streamlined immigration method and will work in an industry in which you have specific skills. The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) has specific requirements for immigration to Canada based on local economic needs and foreign worker qualifications and eligibility.
To find out if you are qualified to move to Alberta Canada, contact Ackah Law today at (403) 452-9515 Ext. 100 or 1-800-932-1190 or email us directly.