(587) 705-0764
Ackah Business Immigration Law – Personal and Corporate Immigration
Contact us

Contact Information

1 (403) 452-9515

1 (800) 932-1190

Book a Free Consult

More Options...

NEW: IRCC Launches Home Child Care Support Pilot Program

Blog posted on by Evelyn Ackah in Temporary Foreign Worker Program and Caregiver/Nanny LMIA

NEW: IRCC Launches Home Child Care Support Pilot Program

The Home Child Care Support Pilot (HCSP) is a new program that provides financial support to eligible home child care providers in Canada. This new Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) pilot Home Child Care Support program is open to both new and experienced home child care providers. The HCSP is designed to help address the shortage of affordable, quality home child care in Canada. The Interim Pathway for Caregivers has been closed to new applications since October 2019. The HCSP pilot program is funded by the Government of Canada.


    HCSP Eligibility

    To be eligible for the Home Child Care Support Pilot program, you must:

    • Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
    • Be at least 18 years old.
    • Have a valid first aid and CPR certification.
    • Provide proof of either of the following:
    • Have a suitable home for providing child care.
    • The program provides financial support of up to $11,500 per year for each child care space.
    • The support is paid out in monthly installments.
    • The program is open until March 31, 2025.

    There are 2 pilot categories that accept different numbers of applications. A maximum of 2,750 applications will be put into the HCSP process each calendar year

    • Home Child Care Provider Pilot:
      • Gaining experience category A: 1,650 applications;
        • 1,500 applications received online
        • 150 applications received in an alternate format
      • Direct to permanent residence category B: 1,100 applications
        • 1,000 applications received online
        • 100 applications received in an alternate format
    • Home Support Worker Pilot:
      • Gaining experience category: 1,650 applications (received online or in an alternate format)
      • Direct to permanent residence category: 1,100 applications (received online or in an alternate format)

    Free Case Evaluation

    How To Apply For the Home Child Care Support Pilot Program

    • To apply for the HCSP program, you must submit an application form to IRCC.
    • The application form is available on the IRCC website.

    Note: IRCC allows applicants to have more than one application in process at the same time: "an individual may choose to submit applications under both the Provincial Nominee class and the Home Support Worker class should they meet the requirements of both."


    Are you interested in becoming a home child care provider in Canada?

    If so, you may be eligible for the Home Child Care Support Pilot (HCSP) program. This program provides financial support to eligible home child care providers, up to $11,500 per year per child care space.The HCSP application process can be complex, so it is important to work with an experienced immigration lawyer. An immigration lawyer can help you understand the eligibility requirements, prepare your application, and represent you if there are any problems.

    If you are interested in applying for the HCSP program, please contact the experience Canada immigration lawyers at Ackah Business Immigration Law. We would be happy to discuss your eligibility and help you get started on the application process. Ackah Law has offices in Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver to help clients move to new opportunities in Canada. To get in touch with Ackah Law, contact us at (403) 452-9515 or send an email directly to contact@ackahlaw.com.

    Evelyn L. Ackah, BA, LL.B.

    Founder/Managing Lawyer

    Ms. Ackah is passionate about immigration law because it focuses on people and relationships, which are at the core of her personal values. Starting her legal career as a corporate/commercial ...

    More About Evelyn L. Ackah, BA, LL.B.

    Work Permits For Temporary Foreign Worker's Dependent Children

    Dependent children of Temporary Foreign Workers (TFWs) can obtain work permits under LMIA exemption codes C46 and C48 if they meet specific eligibility criteria including holding ...

    Read More

    Canada Foreign Workers Don't Need Study Permits

    Effective immediately, foreign workers in Canada with a valid work permit no longer need study permits to get additional training and education. The Canadian government has introduced ...

    Read More

    Episode 63: Is It A Good Time To Apply For An LMIA?

    Calgary immigration lawyer Evelyn Ackah discusses as a Canadian employer or a business owner how to determine when is a good time to hire a foreign worker and how to apply for an LMIA. ...

    Read More

    Why Businesses Should Hire an Experienced Immigration Lawyer (Not An Immigration Consultant) for Hiring Temporary Foreign Workers

    Hiring temporary foreign workers (TFWs) can be a great way to fill labour shortages for seasonal workers in the hospitality, travel, recreation and entertainment industries. However, ...

    Read More

    New Online LMIA Portal

    BOOK YOUR FREE CASE EVALUATION To modernize the Temporary Foreign Worker Program (TFWP) and improve client service, Service Canada is transitioning to online Labour Market ...

    Read More

    Work Experience For Canada Caregiver Programs Cut to 12 Months

    BOOK YOUR FREE CASE EVALUATION Canada is lowering the in-Canada caregiver work experience requirement for permanent residency (PR) to 12 months from 24 months. Previously, ...

    Read More

    Ackah Law has provided services to n-gen People Performance Inc. for over 5 years. From the initial consultation of our needs through the evolution and growth of our business, Evelyn and the Ackah team of lawyers and professionals have been integral support in our growing business in the United States.

    – Adwoa K. Buahene M.A., Managing Partner, n-gen People Performance Inc.

    View All Testimonials