Canada is experiencing an aging workforce and declining birthrate. Canada has put into place programs to increase economic immigration in order to improve Canada's economy, create new jobs and increase global competitiveness. The Canadian government announced in October 2015 that Canada wants entrepreneurs and new immigration goals and programs provide immigration opportunities for skilled and educated foreigners who want to move to Canada. Canada's business and economic immigration programs require planning and applicants must be able to prove eligibility guideline qualifications for each program.
What Is Economic Immigration?
Economic immigrants are people who move to Canada for career opportunities and want to live and work in Canada to improve their living standards. Canada has put into place programs to increase economic immigration in order to improve Canada's economy due to the aging workforce. Economic immigrants are admitted to Canada based on their education, skills and work experience.
Canada Economic Immigration Programs
- Canada’s Start-Up Visa targets immigrant entrepreneurs with the skills and potential to build businesses in Canada that are innovative, can create jobs for Canadians and can compete on a global scale.
- Express Entry manages applications for three economic immigration programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Canadian Experience Class
- The Self-Employed Persons Program allows people to immigrate to Canada permanently as a self-employed person.
- The Global Talent Stream fast-tracks visa for skilled immigrants.
- Ontario launched an ad campaign targeting Silicon Valley in 2017.
- MaRS is a public-private partnership between Canadian tech companies and the Ontario government to create a physical space where made-in-Canada tech ventures can thrive and to attract highly-skilled immigrants.
- Canada is developing tech entrepreneurs on the Toronto-Waterloo Corridor and in Vancouver.
- In July 2018 Quebec introduced new economic immigration rules including:
- A new entrepreneur stream for entrepreneurs receiving support from a business accelerator, incubator or university entrepreneurship centre.
- An increase of investor net worth and investment requirements.
- Introduction of startup and security deposits for entrepreneur and self-employed worker programs.
Contact us today at (403) 452-9515 Ext. 103 or 1-800-932-1190 or email us directly.