Visitor Entry To Canada

Canadian visas are required for certain people entering Canada on business or for tourism. Though U.S. citizens do not need a visa or what is known as an eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) all other travelers will have to obtain their proper documents before arrival as of March 15, 2016. Contact us today at (403) 452-9515 Ext. 107 or 1-800-932-1190 or email us directly.

The list of countries requiring an eTA rather than a visa is shorter than the list of countries in which you must have the visa to visit for  tourism or business. Currently, the foreign nationals from the following nations need the eTA before they come to Canada:

  • Andorra
  • Antigua and Barbuda
  • Australia
  • Austria
  • Bahamas
  • Barbados
  • Belgium
  • British citizen
  • British overseas citizen who is re-admissible to the United Kingdom
  • British overseas territory citizen who derives that citizenship through birth, descent, naturalization or registration in one of the British overseas territories of: Anguilla, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Montserrat, Pitcairn Island, Saint Helena, and Turks and Caicos Islands
  • Brunei Darussalam
  • Chile
  • Croatia
  • Cyprus
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Federal Republic of  Germany
  • Greece
  • Hungary
  • Iceland
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Republic of Korea
  • Latvia
  • Liechtenstein
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Malta
  • Monaco
  • Netherlands
  • New Zealand
  • Norway
  • Papua New Guinea
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Samoa
  • San Marino
  • Singapore
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • Solomon Islands
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland

If your country is not on this list, you are in need of a Temporary Resident visa. The requirements for both types of documentation vary depending upon your country of origin and citizenship. Generally, you will need a passport, a clean bill of health, no criminal history, the ability to demonstrate intention to leave at the end of the stay and have enough money to return home, and that you have ties to your country that will take you home. If you have concerns about any of those issues, you will want to consult with an expert who can help you navigate the process.

There are some who require medical exams and letters of invitation as well. Though certain documentation is necessary, the application can be done online at Citizenship and Immigration in Canada, but many will opt to visit their nearest VAC or Visa Application Centre, and the list of Canadian Visa Offices around the globe is found by clicking the link or searching the CIC site.

Contact us today at (403) 452-9515 Ext. 107 or 1-800-932-1190 or email us directly.