Corporate and Individual Immigration Legal Services in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
* By appointment only
Our Toronto immigration lawyers can help you with all your business and personal immigration needs. Led by Canada and NAFTA immigration lawyer Evelyn Ackah, Ackah Business Immigration Law is a boutique corporate immigration law firm headquartered in located in Toronto with offices in Calgary and Vancouver. We work with clients all over the world. Our team is here to help your business and its people cross borders seamlessly. Our Toronto immigration lawyers and consultants provide legal advice and guidance to corporations and individuals on immigration matters including visa applications, permanent residency, citizenship, and temporary residency applications.
As your immigration legal advisors, we provide you with timely and strategic advice relating to the constantly changing immigration laws and regulations.
- Ackah Law provides expertise in all areas of immigration law ranging from corporate immigration to personal and family immigration matters.
- We provide comprehensive immigration services to clients around the world representing corporations, institutions, not-for-profit organizations and individual clients.
Toronto Business and Personal Immigration Services
Personal Immigration Services
- We help individuals move to Canada for work, for study or for family.
- Many international students want to study in Canada.
- We help families reunite in Canada with immigration services including Spousal Sponsorship, Parent and Grandparents Visa, Super Visa and other Family Class Sponsorship programs.
Business Immigration Services
- Ackah Business Immigration Law Compliance and HR services can assist you to prepare for Compliance Reviews and Inspections and ensure that your organization complies with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s Temporary Foreign Worker Program (LMIA) and the International Mobility Program (LMIA exempt) requirements – before you receive a call from the government.
- Ackah Law helps businesses solve their global talent problems by helping employees cross borders seamlessly.
- Our immigration services help global executive search companies hire foreign workers and provide expatriate management services.
- Ackah Law assists relocation companies move expats to new assignments in Canada or the United States.
Consultation and Flat-Fee Full Immigration Services
We offer two immigration service options to fit your needs and your family:
- Sometimes all you require is an immigration consultation to answer your questions, review documentation or explain your options.
- Our flat-rate pricing for full immigration services means you are never surprised or caught unprepared by hidden fees: what you’re quoted is what you pay.
Do You Want to Move To Toronto?
Toronto is a top destination for tourists and business visitors as well as immigrants! It’s no surprise so many foreigners want to move to Toronto, Canada! Toronto is a multicultural city with a strong economy built on tech, finance, film-making, education, business services and tourism.
Toronto is in the top 10 most livable cities in the world! Toronto tied at 7th with Tokyo in the Global Liveability Index - and in the top 3 most livable cities in North America with Calgary and Vancouver. 140 cities were ranked on over 30 qualities including stability, health care, culture and environment, education and infrastructure.
Toronto is a vibrant, diverse city and more than 50% of Toronto residents are a visible minority. Immigrants are a critical part of Toronto’s growth and economy. Torontonians are warm and welcoming to newcomers, with 200 different languages spoken.
Toronto Is A Tech Hub for Canada and North America
Toronto is the #1 tech city for immigrants in Canada - and the #1 growing tech hub in North America!
A new report shows Toronto, Ontario is the #1 tech city in North America. CBRE scores U.S. and Canadian cities on their tech talent. In their 2020 report, Toronto was #1 on the list in Canada for 2020 with a ranking of 87.6, and added 36.5% more workers between 2014 and 2019 — making tech workers 8.8% of the city's total workforce. Their 2019 study showed that Toronto saw the biggest growth in technology jobs of any North American city over the past five years, more than San Francisco, New York and Seattle.
Toronto is attracting tech talent faster than any other city in North America, and is now the 4th largest tech hub in North America, following the San Francisco Bay Area, Washington and Seattle.
Are You Eligible to Move To Toronto?
Immigration mistakes are costly! Understanding the different options on how to move to Toronto can help you avoids mistakes that can delay your immigration process and cost you time and money. Toronto is seeking skilled foreign workers to help build the country’s economy and provide jobs for Canadians. Whether you want to move to Toronto for work, education or personal reasons, understanding the immigration options and the process can help you move through the immigration process with confidence.
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP)
Toronto is located in Ontario Providence. Ontario encourages applications for Permanent Residence from people with skilled abilities, education and work experience that will contribute to the Canadian economy. One of the most significant programs is known as the Provincial Nominee Program or PNP. This is a system that allows the territorial and/or provincial governments to select immigrants based on the specific economic needs of that territory or province.
The OINP helps foreign workers, international students, business owners and entrepreneurs from outside of Canada apply for permanent residence in Ontario, and helps Ontario businesses recruit international talent.
Eligible individuals can apply to be nominated to work and live in Ontario permanently. OINP accepts applications under the following streams:
- French-Speaking Skilled Worker stream
- Human Capital Priorities stream
- Skilled Trades stream
- Entrepreneur stream
The following OINP streams available through the OINP Expression of Interest system :
- Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker stream
- Employer Job Offer: International Student stream
- Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills stream
- Masters Graduate stream
- PhD Graduate stream
Do You Want to Move Your Business To Toronto, Ontario?
Ontario has eliminated the current Canadian residency requirements for business directors, effective July 1, 2021. This affects private and publicly held Ontario corporations and immigrant entrepreneurs who want to incorporate in Toronto and the Province of Ontario, and make it easier for foreigners to open a business in Canada. Ackah Law works closely with our clients to help immigrant entrepreneurs and founders prepare their IRCC required immigrant entrepreneur business plan, and to succeed in their entrepreneurial venture in Toronto.
Toronto Immigration Lawyer Evelyn Ackah, Founder and Managing Lawyer
Evelyn Ackah has been exclusively practicing immigration law for over 20 years. Evelyn grew up in Vancouver and after law school, Evelyn started her legal career as a corporate/commercial lawyer in Toronto on Bay Street, where she discovered her passion for immigration law. Her experience with the immigration process started when she was young; Evelyn came to Canada as an immigrant herself, moving from Ghana when she was five. In 2010 Evelyn moved to Calgary and founded her own firm in Calgary, so she could practice immigration law her way, using strategic technology combined with legal experience to provide the best possible services to her clients. In 2018 Ackah Law opened immigration law offices in Vancouver and Toronto to more easily serve clients across Canada.
An award-winning lawyer, Evelyn Ackah has built a reputation for her ability to solve immigration problems before they occur and her dedication to her clients and their dream to live and work in Canada.
Things to Know About Moving to Toronto
- Healthcare is publicly funded.
- Toronto has 4 distinct seasons - and averages 301 days of sunshine every year.
- Toronto welcomes over 40 million visitors annually.
- 25% of Canada's total population lives within 160 km of Toronto.
- 50% of Torontonians were born outside of Canada.
- 23,700 artists in Toronto - twice as many as any other Canadian city!
- Toronto has the 2nd largest public transit system in North America.
- 25% of Hollywood movies are filmed in Toronto.
- More than 50% of Toronto workers have a work university degree or college diploma.
Learn More About Immigration To Toronto, Canada:
- Toronto #1 Canada City for Tech Immigrants in Global Talent War
- Toronto's International Soft-Landing Program Attracts Indian Tech Workers
- Ontario Removes Director Residency Requirement
- Ontario Wants Tech Immigrants Who Will Become Permanent Residents
- 2021 Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program Updates
Ackah Business Immigration Law is conveniently located in downtown Toronto.
* By appointment only