At Ackah Law, we offer a 1-hour consultation with a highly trained and experienced immigration professional. Our consultation fee is $500.00 for a personal meeting or telephone conference with one of our immigration professionals. Sometimes a consultation is all you need to answer your immigration questions and discuss your options. Other times, a consultation is the first step in the immigration process.
When you call our law office, we will ask questions to understand:
- What type of assistance you need from an immigration professional
- The key problems you want to resolve
- Specific issues or problems with your case
Based on the results of your initial call or email, Ackah Law may:
- Schedule a 15-minute call with an immigration professional to obtain more details
- Accept your immigration case
- Require a Consultation to learn more and ensure we have all the necessary information
- Refer you to another law firm if it’s not our area of focus; or
- Discuss alternative options.
What sets Ackah Law apart as a firm is our value of transparency. We want to ensure that a candidate is eligible for the immigration category they are interested in before we proceed to open a full case file. Before you decide to retain Ackah Law and we agree to accept your case, you will be informed about all fees and costs associated with our legal services.
FAQs About Client Consultations
What is it?
Consultations are 1 hour of time with an immigration professional to fully review your case documentation and recommend an immigration strategy that works best for the client.
The cost of the consultation is $500 and we will credit this amount to your account if we are retained for a full immigration case within a 60 day period.
Once a consultation agreement is signed, we collect the required documents and schedule a call or an in-person meeting for the client to talk directly about the results and their options.
Is it required?
When you call Ackah Law, we evaluate whether we offer the immigration services you require. Based on the results of our call, we may have you talk to our Client Engagement Coordinator or book a consultation with an immigration lawyer or regulated professional immigration consultant.
Who is it for?
There are several different scenarios where a consultation is required before moving forward.
- One of the main benefits of a consultation is so that we can ensure that a candidate is eligible to immigrate before we accept your case. Most commonly we do consultations for anyone looking at their Permanent Residency options. This is a mandatory step, as even though you may believe you qualify, we need to review your documents confirming this before moving forward. This ensures we all have the same understanding before starting your case.
- The second reason to do a consultation is when the options are not clear, and a detailed legal analysis is required. In this way, we can review your documentation and situation fully, then provide our legal recommendations. This is especially useful for those considering multiple immigration avenues.
- We also offer a consultation to confirm your eligibility. If determining your eligibility takes longer than a 15-minute phone call with a legal professional, or there is a need to review multiple documents, then we require a paid consultation first. You can then clearly understand the chances of success before proceeding with a full immigration application.
Medical or criminal inadmissibility cases almost always require a consultation.
- If someone has already had an immigration application rejected, it is our policy to require a consultation so that we can fully review what was previously submitted, discuss the situation and properly advise you on the likelihood of success if we assist you to resubmit your application. The applicant can then choose to proceed after having all the facts and understanding of their chances of success.
- The final reason for a consultation is when a client would like to discuss questions with our legal professionals. They then get an hour of time to ask all their questions in order to make informed decisions.
Where is the Consultation?
Our clients are from around the globe. Our consultations normally take place by phone but some may take place in-person at one of our Canadian offices.
What we don’t do in a consultation session:
- We do not present a sales pitch.
- We do not pressure you to retain our services to handle your case.
- We do not make guarantees about the outcome of your case.
Call Ackah Law at (403) 452-9519 to talk to our Client Engagement Coordinator or Book A Consultation with an experienced immigration professional who will give you the information you need to make important decisions about the next phase of your life.
Crossing Borders Seamlessly.™
For Work. For Family. For Life.
We smooth the way to Canada and the United States for employees, families and individuals.