Are you a rock star immigration paralegal? Do you want to work at a law firm where your work truly matters? Our entrepreneurial law firm is small enough that everyone is a critical part of the team, yet big enough to offer security and benefits. Do you want to work closely with the firm owner, have daily interaction with our clients and contribute to the growth of the firm? If you are interested in a challenging position that requires hard work and attention to detail, then please apply.
Our ideal candidate must have at least 2 years of immigration experience as a paralegal – preferably for corporate clients. Attention to detail, responsiveness and superior communications skills, both verbal and written are critical skills for this position. Must have strong writing and client management skills and an energetic and enthusiastic personality. We are a strong team, so the ideal candidate must be team oriented and have a great attitude to be successful in the position. Must be experienced at multi-tasking and working under pressure to meet deadlines. Candidate must be open to learning and developing new skills to support the team. The ideal candidates must be able to get things done efficiently and accurately the first time and get it done right. You must be a problem solver and seek creative ways to accomplish your goal and not require micro-managing.
We are only interested in positive people who bring compassion and energy to the workplace. You must be a glass half-full personality with a “get it done” attitude. The ideal candidate must be able to handle constructive criticism and mentoring to learn and advance quickly. Making coffee occasionally is something we all do in the office – including the owner.
A competitive compensation package, including benefits and training opportunities, will be provided.
- Prepare, review, and arrange for execution of legal documents
- Monitor and follow up on applications in progress
- Check status of applications in process
- Research and maintain up-to-date knowledge of the changing immigration laws, regulations and policies
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working on corporate immigration matters
- Formal Legal Assistant/Paralegal education and background is preferred
- Experience corresponding with government officials and border officers
- Demonstrated superior oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated keen attention to detail, with an ability to effectively manage constraints and competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks on initiatives of varying complexity
- Excellent interpersonal skills (self-awareness, self-management), able to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to be adaptable, flexible and work under pressure in an environment of changing priorities and multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a supportive team atmosphere
- Proficiency in Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience working in Clio is preferred
- Accuracy in data entry and in entering limitations and next step dates
Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with a subject line of "Immigration Paralegal". Confidentiality is assured.