Are you a rock star immigration legal assistant? Do you want to work at a law firm where your work truly matters? Our entrepreneurial law firm is small enough that everyone is a critical part of the team, yet big enough to offer security and benefits. Do you want to work closely with the firm owner, have daily interaction with our clients and contribute to the growth of the firm? If you are interested in a challenging position that requires hard work and attention to detail, then please apply.
Our ideal candidate must have at least 2 years of immigration experience as a legal assistant – preferably for corporate clients. Must have outstanding organization and calendar scheduling skills, Attention to detail, responsiveness and superior communications kills, both verbal and written are critical skills for this position. Must have strong writing and client management skills and an energetic and enthusiastic personality. We are a strong team, so the ideal candidate must be team oriented and have a great attitude to be successful in the position. Must be experienced at multi-tasking and working under pressure to meet deadlines. Candidate must be open to learning and developing new skills to support the team. The ideal candidates must be able to get things done efficiently and accurately the first time and get it done right. You must be a problem solver and seek creative ways to accomplish your goal and not require micro-managing.
We are only interested in positive people who bring compassion and energy to the workplace. You must be a glass half-full personality with a “get it done” attitude. The ideal candidates must be able to handle constructive criticism and mentoring to learn and advance quickly. Making coffee occasionally is something we all do in the office – including the owner.
A competitive compensation package, including benefits and training opportunities will be provided.
- Providing legal administrative support, service and expertise to staff and clients
- Managing schedules, appointments and meetings
- Liaising with business vendors
- Maintaining and updating Corporate website and social media
- Preparing, reviewing and arranging for execution of legal of documents
- Faxes – monitor incoming and outgoing faxes; send faxes
- Couriers – coordinate, prepare and administer incoming and outgoing couriers
- Scan packages and files; photocopying and printing
- Maintain office supplies
- Coordinate file opening (physical file preparation; electronic file opening)
- Manage email distributions – newsletters, invitations, special events, etc.
- Catering arrangements as required
- Audit / conflicts
- Make travel arrangements as required
- General filing; organization of files
- Monitor and follow up on applications in progress
- Check status of applications in process at Citizenship and Immigration Canada & U.S.
- Organize a high volume of files and dates and status lists
- Preparing bank deposits and receipt of payments
- Entering expiry dates in accordance to client’s permit
- Opening/ closing and updating files
- Obtain copies of work permit once the client has received their work permit
- Basic accounts receivable knowledge
- Review/ edit application forms for Lawyers/Paralegals
- Prepare, review and arrange for execution of legal documents
- Researching and maintaining up-to-date knowledge of the changing immigration laws, regulations and policies
- Google Analytics Reports
- Reconciling courier invoices
- special projects and client campaigns or client research and intel
- Experience corresponding with government officials and border officers
- Demonstrated superior oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated keen attention to detail, with an ability to effectively manage constraints and competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks on initiatives of varying complexity
- Excellent intrapersonal skills (self-awareness, self-management), able to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to be adaptable, flexible and work under pressure in an environment of changing priorities and multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a supportive team atmosphere
- Proficiency in Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience working with CLIO and/or QuickBooks Online is preferred
- Accuracy in data entry and in entering limitations and next step dates; and
- Working independently while reporting directly to supervising lawyers, and taking instructions from other team members
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of "Immigration Legal Assistant".