We are seeking an experienced immigration associate to join our team in Calgary, Alberta. The ideal candidate will be between a 4 to 6 year call and have extensive experience in immigration law in a law firm environment (in the areas of LMIA, Work Permits, Visitor Visas, Permanent Residence, PNPs, Citizenship and Rehabilitation). Must be a Canadian licenced lawyer. A U.S. licence would be a plus, but not essential.
This position requires a strong understanding of immigration law and policy and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced, dynamic environment. Attention to detail and superior communications skills, both verbal and written, are critical for this position. The position requires a detail-oriented and motivated self-starter with a sense of urgency and excellent client management skills.
This position is a full-time, permanent position. An excellent compensation package, including benefits will be provided.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Demonstrated interested and experience in immigration law
- Superior legal research and writing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Experience and excellence in complex legal analysis
- Ability to manage many cases simultaneously in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to engage respectfully with clients from a variety of cultural and economic backgrounds
- Enthusiasm for working in a modern office and using technology to improve the delivery of legal services
- Processing of immigration applications as well as active involvement on difficult and new cases
- Determining the appropriate category to apply and provide legal advice on the most efficient category to obtain their required immigration status
- Attendance at client meetings and telephone conferences
- Strong oral advocacy and troubleshooting skills in assisting clients having difficulty at port-of-entry
- Ability to keep up to date with changes to Canadian Immigration law and advise clients and other staff of these changes
- Preparation of presentations for corporate clients (billed and pro bono)
- Ensure precedents are correct and up to date according to any recent changes in immigration law
- Research areas of law and draft memorandum for senior business immigration lawyers
- Client Management via telephone, meetings, and email correspondence
- Propose plan of action or appropriate immigration category for senior lawyer
- Lawyer will have active engagement in billing
- Manage law clerks & other client service team members and work completely independently without owner's direct involvement
- Law Degree along with a Canadian Call to the Bar or U.S. Licence
- Broad exposure to Canadian or U.S. Immigration Law
- Excellent organizational, verbal/ written communication skills
Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “’Experienced Immigration Lawyer”.
Confidentiality is assured. Thank you.