We are seeking an experienced, ambitious and driven Client Intake Specialist to help us with initial client consultations with prospective clients. This is a rare opportunity for someone who wants to learn, grow and thrive to be part of the sales process for legal services.
The successful candidate will have exceptional phone skills and prior sales experience selling high-end products or professional services. This position does not require cold calling or finding prospective clients for the firm on your own. Rather, the position involves helping individuals and businesses who express an interest in our services to better understand the benefits to them of hiring our firm. The firm presently receives 100 to 200 inquiries from prospective new clients per month and this number is increasing.
The successful candidate will be confident, articulate, diplomatic yet willing to speak frankly to prospective new clients when needed with high emotional intelligence. The successful candidate must also be self-motivating and self-directed to achieve their professional goals and the firm’s goals. This position will provide the successful candidate with a unique opportunity to accelerate their professional growth.
- Answering initial telephone inquiries (transferred from our receptionist after prescreening) and responding to initial email inquiries from prospective new clients
- Creating a positive and professional first impression on behalf of the firm, including instilling confidence in our abilities and a willingness and desire to help
- Following the firm’s guidelines on how to communicate with prospective new clients in the most effective manner
- Helping prospective new clients see the difference between working with the firm and not working with the firm
- Identifying and describing the applicable services we offer and how we charge for our services
- Collecting the prospective new client’s contact information and information about the matters for which they are seeking the firm’s help
- Running conflict checks when we are going to be engaged, collecting client identification information through use of a form in our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Preparing an engagement letter to be approved by a lawyer and then arranging for the client’s signature (also through our CRM software)
- Arranging for the client to provide the initial financial retainer
- Opening the new client file in our system and communicating with our lawyers regarding the new engagement throughout the client intake process to ensure a smooth transition to the next phase
- Keeping detailed records about the number of prospective new clients that contact the firm, the number that come in for in-person initial consultations, and the number that engage the firm
- Helping us create and execute an email drip campaign sequence for prospective new clients using our existing email marketing software, as well as other sales materials
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in sales of products or professional services. The ideal candidate must have experience selling high end products
- High level of professionalism, confidentiality and discretion
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, grammar, and spelling
- Willingness to learn and grow in a high-growth business
- Familiarity with CRM software and email marketing software and/or a demonstrated proficiency in technology and the ability to quickly learn about new tools
- Education or work experience the equivalent of a Bachelor’s Degree
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “’Client Intake Specialist”.