Canadian Work Permit Applications
Work permits are required for foreign nationals who want to work during their time in Canada. These are issued by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and give authorization for someone to work legally in Canada. The work permit is going to explain the type of work the individual named can perform, the employer(s) they can provide labour, where they are going to work and how long they are given permission to work.
- Work Permits requiring Labour Market Impact Assessments
- Work permits pursuant to the North American Free Trade Agreement (“NAFTA”) for US and Mexican citizens entering Canada (NAFTA Professional, TreatyTrader, Treaty Investor, and NAFTA Intra-company transferees)
- Work Permits pursuant to the Canada-Chile Free Trade Agreement for Chilean citizens
- Work Permits pursuant to the General Agreement on Trade in Services (“GATS”)
- LMIA-exempt work permits (Intra-company transfers, Significant Benefit to Canada, International Experience Canada exchange programs, Academic Exchanges, Reciprocal Benefits, Entertainment and Arts categories, Spousal Work permit, Post-graduate Work Permits, Off campus work Permits or Students)
- Work Permits for Live-in Caregivers